Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Craig Barrett understands convergence

In a very interesting interview over at News.com Barrett talks about a variety of topics including one of my favorite... convergence. Here is a quote that shows me that Barrett understands what needs to happen to make convergence a reality:

"You go to the CES show and the Sony guy stands up and says the TV is the center of the universe. Then the Intel guy stands up and says the PC is at the center of the universe. And then somebody else from a software company stands up and says no, the software is at the center of the universe. I think that is all kind of hokey thinking.

All this stuff needs to work together. I mean it's common interfaces and common protocols. These things have to be complementary and work together. I do not see it as competition. "

No comments: