Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Skype keeps on innovating:
For those of you that haven't heard of Skype, it is a p2p voice over ip (VOIP) application that lets users make free phone calls over the internet. (Did I use enough acronyms there for you?) Well, in the past you had to be in front of your laptop or desktop to use Skype to make phone calls, well that has all changed. Now you can use Skype from your PDA! Skype was created by the same group of guys that started Kazaa, so they know how disrupt industries.

This past year I was in a class and I asked my classmates who had heard of Skype (at the time it had been out for about 2 months) and I was surprised to see that about 5 other people had it and used it. Not surprising was the fact that all these students were international students who used the software to make free international calls.

No comments: