Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Tablet + One Note = good stuff

As much as I hate Microsoft, I have to admit that I think a tablet PC with the One Note application rocks. For those of you unfamiliar with One Note, it is the first innovative product from Redmond in years (had to get that shot in), and it allows users to take notes in a very intuitive fashion. I fell in love with One Note during my last semester at business school because it allowed me to take great class notes in a digital fashion. Now if I am looking for a concept that I knew was covered in this time period I can simply just search for it. Now if I could only go back and get all my class notes in a digital format that would make my life so much easier.

Apparently not everyone loves tablets though. A report has come out detailing the slow adoption of tablets in the marketplace. Nobody should be surprised by this, because outside verticals like insurance, it is going to be very hard to sell IT managers on a product with a questionable return that will make their lives harder.

As much as I hate Scoble (just kidding Robert, just seeing if you are reading this) and Microsoft, I have to say I hope my next laptop is a tablet.

No comments: